Yeti & You
At Yeti, everyone is a problem solver. Together we have fun and work hard to build amazing products. We work in small, close-knit teams of designers, developers and product managers with our clients to quickly take ideas from sketches to code. A back-end developer at Yeti is an engineer who loves working with data and solving challenging problems. They collaborate with front-end developers to ensure our applications can communicate seamlessly across multiple platforms.
Yeti is looking for an experienced back-end developer who has seen products through prototyping, building and launch.
You will be a good fit for this role if you can identify with the following:
- Experience with one or more back-end frameworks, a plus for python and Django
- Experience with building APIs and collaborating with developers who will be consuming them
- Able to design efficient databases and solve for data-related performance issues
- Understand networking at a high level
- Manage setting up and running an application on a linux-based machine
- Able to work autonomously in a small collaborative team
- Have strong communication skills working on teams and with clients
- Take initiative to implement new technology and research best practices
- Understand the importance of documenting features, writing tests and maintaining a quality codebase
- Inspired to work on open source tools
If you don't fit the exact criteria above, please still feel free to apply. Our team is committed to self-improvement, growth and teaching one another.
This is a contract position with a potential to be contract-to-hire if you are interested.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure to include links to any existing projects that you'd like to share with us that show you enjoy building and creating.
- The Yeti