We’re looking for a Product Designer who’s eager to join Yeti’s team of problem solvers and conquer challenging opportunities across a range of mobile and web products.
Yeti is a San Francisco based agency that partners with startups and enterprise companies to define, build, and deliver impactful digital products. At Yeti you'll have the opportunity to have a real impact on our end users, our clients, and Yeti itself, with a diverse roster of ongoing projects involving touchscreen kiosks, chatbots, data-driven dashboards, consumer mobile apps, internal tools, and more.
As a Product Designer, you'll be involved at every stage of a project - strategizing with clients, researching and prototyping ideas, building with developers, and testing solutions with users. We work in highly collaborative product teams to quickly take ideas from sketches to code, iterating all along the way. Our product designers are fueled by the need to create and be excited by the practice of design.
What You'll Do
- Own, ideate and deliver meaningful UX, UI and interaction designs
- Research, wireframe, and prototype using the most effective level of fidelity to communicate and validate ideas
- Collaborate closely with developers, project managers, and key stakeholders to see designs through from concept to code
- Participate fully in design critiques by giving, soliciting, and receiving actionable feedback
- Be a relentless advocate for user-centered design and always ask why
What We're Looking For
- 1-3 years relevant work experience designing digital product experiences
- A solid portfolio that demonstrates design thinking, user-centered methodology, and team collaboration
- A creative mindset with a drive to solve complex problems in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding of simple, elegant visual and interaction design that follows modern web and mobile best practices
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to understand the core value of a product and convey that vision to the rest of the team and clients
- Ability and/or willingness to embrace ambiguity, get scrappy when necessary, and learn from others.
Bonus Points If You Have
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and front-end frameworks
- Knowledge of a variety of user research methods, understanding of the capabilities and limitations of various research methods
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and prioritize end users’ workflows, needs and desires, and to effectively transform this analysis into design solutions
* This is a contract position with a potential to be contract-to-hire if you are interested.
Please send your resume and a link to your portfolio that showcases your best design work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't fit the exact criteria above, please still feel free to apply. Our team is committed to self-improvement, growth and teaching one another.