At Yeti, everyone is a problem solver. Together we have fun and work hard to build world-class products. We work in small, close-knit teams of designers, developers, and product managers with our clients to quickly take ideas from sketches to code.
We started as a San Francisco based consulting agency, but have transitioned to a remote-first work environment and now have team members in multiple countries.
About the Position
A senior full-stack developer at Yeti is an engineer who loves solving challenging problems, such as complicated logic flows on the back-end or perfecting an interaction on the front-end. They collaborate with designers and developers on building functional, intuitive, and beautiful applications from front to back. There may be a specialty or expertise they have, but they are able to dig into any part of the stack on a project to advance the product forward.
Yeti is looking for an experienced full-stack developer who has seen products through prototyping, building, and launch.
- Working autonomously as the only developer on a project, or leading a small collaborative team
- Mentoring junior developers and helping them grow through pairing and code reviews
- Working with other team members to hire new talent
- Collaborating with designers to ensure that changes can happen rapidly and while minimizing scope creep
- Scoping future work for Sales and aligning timeline expectations with project leads and other developers
- Context switching between the listed responsibilities above within a short timeframe
- 5+ years experience professionally building applications
- 3+ years experience with React
- Experience with one or more back-end frameworks, a plus for Node/Express
- Experience with database modeling and using ORMs
- Experience with building APIs and collaborating with developers who will be consuming them
- Have strong communication skills working on teams and with clients
- Experience as a team lead or tech lead
- Familiarity with Typescript and GraphQL
- Familiarity with supporting libraries like Apollo and Prisma
- Experience with testing methodologies and frameworks
You will be a good fit for this role if you can identify with the following
- Enjoy using cutting edge technology like Prisma and GraphQL
- Take initiative to implement new technology and research best practices
- Want to frequently work on new and sometimes experimental projects
- Collaborating with designers to create the best project possible
- Mentoring junior developers
- Being an advocate for the user
- Understand the importance of documenting features, writing tests, and maintaining a quality codebase
If you don't fit the exact criteria above, please still feel free to apply! Our team is committed to self-improvement, growth, and teaching one another.
The compensation range is based on years of experience and seniority.
Yeti is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include links to any existing projects that you'd like to share with us that show you enjoy building and creating.
- The Yeti Team