What Yeti Can Offer You
A place where your work can have an impact - working closely with a tightly-knit team to build meaningful and engaging products
A place where you can stay up to date on the latest technologies - exploring new protocols, platforms and architectures
An organization that will give you a great work/life balance, the ability to level up your skills and increase the visibility of your portfolio of projects
Yeti has been the go-to product development studio in San Francisco Bay Area since 2011. In 2020 we became digital first and now have team members around the world.
We work closely with clients on projects such as:
- experimental R+D innovation
- connected devices
- web3 dapps
- e-commerce mobile
At Yeti, everyone is a problem solver. Together we have fun and work hard to build world-class products. We work in small, close-knit teams of designers, developers, and product managers with our clients to quickly take ideas from sketches to code.
At the core of Yeti is a passionate group of people who love to make awesome things. We work hard so we can be proud of what we've done at the end of the day. Our purpose is to nurture a community that architects and engineers technologically innovative products that positively impact the world.
Yeti provides each member of our team with:
- Premium Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance
- 401k Matching
- Bring your own Device reimbursement plan
- Bank Holidays + a full week at the end of the year off
- Flexible schedule + fully remote work
- A continued learning budget
- Thought leadership opportunities
- Fun remote events and bi-annual in-person retreats
About the Position
A Senior Full Stack Developer at Yeti is an engineer who loves solving challenging problems such as complicated logic flows on the back-end or perfecting an interaction on the front-end. There may be a specialty or expertise they have, but they are able to dig into any part of the stack on a project to advance the product forward.
Yeti is looking for an experienced full-stack developer who has seen products through prototyping, building, and launch.
- Working autonomously as the only developer on a project, or leading a small collaborative team
- Mentoring junior developers and helping them grow through pairing and code reviews
- Working with other team members to hire new talent
- Collaborating with designers to ensure that changes can happen rapidly while minimizing scope creep
- Scoping future work for Sales and aligning timeline expectations with project leads and other developers
- Context switching between the listed responsibilities above within a short timeframe
- 5+ years experience professionally building applications
- 3+ years experience with React
- Experience with one or more back-end frameworks, a plus for Node/Express
- Experience with database modeling and using ORMs
- Experience with building APIs and collaborating with developers who will be consuming them
- Have strong communication skills working on teams and with clients
- Experience as a team lead or tech lead
- Familiarity with Typescript and GraphQL
- Familiarity with supporting libraries like Apollo and Prisma
- Experience with testing methodologies and frameworks
You will be a good fit for this role if you can identify with the following:
- Enjoy using cutting edge technology like Prisma and GraphQL
- Take initiative to implement new technology and research best practices
- Want to frequently work on new and sometimes experimental projects
- Collaborating with designers to create the best project possible
- Mentoring junior developers
- Being an advocate for the user
- Understand the importance of documenting features, writing tests, and maintaining a quality codebase
If you don't fit the exact criteria above, please still feel free to apply! Our team is committed to self-improvement, growth, and teaching one another.
The compensation range is based on years of experience and seniority.
Yeti is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include links to any existing projects that you'd like to share with us that show you enjoy building and creating.
- The Yeti Team